and stuff...

To: Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: and stuff...
From: Jane & Elton Wright <delicate@rev.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 22:54:22 -0400
Greetings Gang,

I have had through my years of driving experienced many wonderful driving
machines.  My first car was a Fiat 850 Spyder.  Then I got a Triumph Spitfire
Mk 4.  Things were improving.  I wanted more.  Not necessairly faster or
flashier but more of the thing that I will call character.  I restored an
MGA since I did not have the bucks for a nice car.  Then I started going to
Morgan meets at Luray Virginia with a friend of mine.  I towed his '33
Beetle Back Supersports to and from national meets until he and I went to
Lawrence Mass and picked up my first Morgan, a 1935 F-2 which made its
first appearance at Dulles.  Since that time I have had many life changes,
kids, divorce, getting my head screwed back on, and now remarriage.  My
wife and I are now restoring my 4 th Morgan.  Why do I keep coming back?
The cars are wonderful works of art, put together by a skillful shop of
smiths and wrights, that are so dead simple I can take them apart and put
them together again with good results.  But the real reason is what they do
to people.  Real people.  In the time I have been going to national and
club events, I a poor country boy from the hills of Virginia, have been
able to share a common joy with people from all walks of life.  Some are
rich enough to buy the town I live in and some are like me.  Most are
somewhere in between.  The Morgan is the common thread that binds us all
together.  It is an appreciation for something beautiful and yet simple.
Something to be enjoyed.  I don't know what the end result of the Morgan
moving toward the high end market will be, and I am not sure I care.
Somebody has to buy the cars and get tired of them so I can afford them
later.  If Fink and Sharples can make a buck off of somebody that only sees
a Morgan as a jewel to be cherished, so be it.  Maybe they will learn how
to get along and perhaps join the family in the future.

Best Wishes to All,

Elton

Elton & Jane Wright             voice: 540-389-6573
Salem, VA, USA                  email: delicate@rev.net
1967 Morgan Plus Four Tourer    1954 Morris Minor