Re: Autocar June 1999 & other postings

To: gomog@angelfire.com
Subject: Re: Autocar June 1999 & other postings
From: Kit Hildreth <krisbox@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 09:55:10 PDT
Dear Lorne,
you are most welcome for the well-deserved comments to which I must add that
your site is one enjoyable to navigate. If anything, it's almost got too
much to surf through in a lunch hour! But take it for granted I shall be
surfing on in regularly. Thanks once again for thking the trouble for
posting those articles.Must echo your comments on the C & D article: bit of
a hotch-potch with a distinct identity crisis not helped by piss-poor
editing! Nevertheless, a good way to find out about Chris Lawrence, whom I
shall be expecting to win his class in 2002 to celebrate the 40th
anninversary of Morgan's greatest victory with a "Plus 8 Super Sports"
seeing off those pesky Porsches I used to dice with in "Modsports" back in
dear-old Blighty (nothing like fifteen years absence to help one forget why
one left to begin with!) God Save the Queen (and Morgans)! I noticed a post
regarding swapping a Jag 4-speed for the Rover 5-speed, but(!) if going
racing I would reccommend doing what a UK collegue did, and put in an Alfa
Gearbox in place of the Rover unit. A gain of at least 2 seconds per lap and
much easier "rowing"! Incidentally, how do you like the fuel injection ?
Does it improve throttle response? Admittedly I've no complaints with my
bell-mouthed SU's, but alway room for improvement say I and who knows, might
even be able to pass a California Smog Test! It runs on Gas as opposed to
propane, am I right? Anyone know of any spare intact 3.5 EFI engines about?
Kit Hildreth
'77 Plus 8 RHD
R8272