Re: '64 plus4

To: Jim G <jimgcusavecom@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: '64 plus4
From: Giampiero Pecelli <giam@cs.uml.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 20:22:36 -0400
I can appreciate that old cars have vague histories.

All I can say is that mine had SUs as of June 1965 - when I first met it -
that is appears by all counts to be a '64, and that I have no reason to
believe that its first owner (a nice joung "Baltimore Blue Book" member
who was sacrificing his "babe magnet" - not his term at the time - to an
impending marriage) made any changes to the car as delivered to him new.
So, as far as I'm concerned (corroborated by some other statements coming
in during the day), the certainty of ALL 175 CDs over the period '64-'67 is

somewhat less than established.

I see the p.63, para.2:31 quotation, but p. 173, "Carburetter (sic)
Details",
has the "Stromberg OR SU" quote.

It would be interesting to find out what the real story is... does anybody
have access to detailed enough factory records? Anything else is likely to
be
just a bit of a brawl...

Giampiero Pecelli