RE: HS6 Floats

To: "'morgans@autox.team.net'" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: HS6 Floats
From: "Blair, John" <JBlair@scn.spawar.navy.mil>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 11:27:22 -0400
Phil,

The float/needle valve  sticking is a very common problem.  Usually you can
tap
The top of the float bowl with a screwdriver handle and free a sticking
needle
valve.

As to your carbs, if memory serves me,  on the float bowl top, there is an
input
Tube to connect the fuel line to.  There is a vent hole over top of this
input tube
And there usually is a small metal shield that rests on the input tube that
"hides"
This vent hole.

I agree, I think that these vents should have a tube on them so you can
attach a
Flex line and route this overflow fuel safely away from the manifold and
exhaust
Pipe.

The Stromberg on the Spit is really crazy.  A plastic plug in the bottom of
the float
Bowl with the carb mounted right over the catalytic converter!!!

John

John T. Blair
jblair@scn.spawar.navy.mil
SPAWARSYSCEN Chesapeake        jblair@exis.net <mailto:jblair@exis.net>
(home)
Chesapeake, VA                                 (757) 523-8133