Dupont metal conditioner

To: JBlair@scn.spawar.navy.mil
Subject: Dupont metal conditioner
From: JohnOmg@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 11:22:21 EDT
In a message dated 6/14/99 7:53:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
JBlair@scn.spawar.navy.mil writes:

> As Tony points out that the CorroDip's major ingrediant is Phosphoric Acid.
>  There
>  Are several products readily available here in the US - the 2 I use most
are
>  Oshpo
>  And DuPonts Metal conditioner.  Both are available at most automotive paint
>  supply houses.

John:

My local paint shop sold me some Dupont Kwik Prep 244s.  Upon reading the
very fine print I discovered that it is isopropyl alcohol and water.  All for
$14/qt.  I only used a little and am thinking of returning it since Revco has
a better deal.  Wouldn't alcohol be a cleaner rather than a conditioner?

John Olman