Rear seat

To: "Bob Nogueira (E-mail)" <nogera@prodigy.net>
Subject: Rear seat
From: sbauserman@actsnet.com
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 08:41:22 -0500
Bob:

I finally did it this weekend.  Scarlet now has a jump seat.  I followed
your plan.  I purchased two, six foot pieces of two inch slotted galvinized
angle iron.  The frame size in a 4/4 is 38 inches by 16 inches.  The frame
has the lip up on the sides and back, but on the front edge I turned the lip
down so I had a place to bolt the bulkhead.  Using the same bolt holes as
the ash shelf frame I was able to lower the level 2 inches.  The 16 inch
depth of the seat bottom was a reduction of 6 inches off of the shelf depth
and relocation of the bulkhead to the back of the wood floor allowed for an
amazing amount of space for feet.

Charlie (our now 8 year old and 53 inch tall son) can and did ride in the
back to church yesterday with his feet on the floor and his head not
touching the inside of the bonnet for the first time.  He was very excited.

The battery is still sitting in the other foot well.  I am looking for a
smaller one which I can relocate between the bulk head and the axle. I had
some wood pieces so I made a small box to cover it for the moment.

Thanks for the advice,

Steve Bauserman
67 Morgan 4/4