Re[2]: Shimmy: Update on Latest Tale of Woe

To: ebrown@ms.com, "Warden; Tom" <twarden@usia.gov>
Subject: Re[2]: Shimmy: Update on Latest Tale of Woe
From: ebrown@ms.com
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 17:46:37 -0400
     Good advice. On Monday I ordered the bits (from Penny Bates -advt.)
     for $20 for everything, should take me 1/2 hour to put together each
     side on Sat., then I can learn what else makes a Morgan shimmy.
     Penny's full of advice on this, tensioning rods, etc.

     What I have also concluded, in addition to Tom's pretty obvious point,
     is that adjusting these things has to be a stopgap measure at best.
     These are wear bits, made of cheap stuff, which will get junked every
     now and again.

     At any rate, it is almost as much fun thinking about working on my
     Morgan as it is actually doing so!

     The next question I'm going to address is decambering. How much and
     why?

     Best to All-

     Chip Brown