+4 conversion?

To: Morgan Mail List <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: +4 conversion?
From: "Vodden, Dave" <Dave.Vodden@Telematics.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 96 09:12:00 PST

<< First has anyone out there ever built a new would frame or know of
someone
 who has done this?  Secondly, can you buy just a wood frame?  How many
 Saturdays would this project take if I do the work including wood and
 painting? >>

First an admission:  my car is pretty much "new" (4 years and 34000 miles)
so I don't get into frame rebuilds, but....

Frame parts are available from the factory for any 4 wheeled Morgan, as long
as you tell them the year model etc.  They will also supply complete wooden
frames.  All parts are Tantalized these days so they last for ever (in
relative terms). There are several other UK sources some of which mail
direct (Melvin Rutter for example). This is obviously much easier and
cheaper for the UK based owner, but have you approached the US agent to see
what he can do? There is an Agent list on the Company Web site
(http://www.morgan-motor.co.uk)  or on Angus Marshall's "original"
University of Abertay site sadly not often updated now  (mirror site at
http://www2.dgsys.com/~amm/morgan.html).

Dave Vodden
1992 Plus 4 4 seater