Re: Overhaul for Armstrong Levers

To: AJA <alanaron@norfolk.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Overhaul for Armstrong Levers
From: gdm@po.cwru.edu (David McCoy)
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 17:33:05 -0500 (EST)
>Has anybody ever seen an rebuild kit for the Armstrong rear lever shocks?
>The Autobook information on this is exactly one paragraph and says "fill
>with oil". The diagrams show several rubber seals in the unit that must
>break down or lose effectivness after 35 years. And to my understanding,
>these are no longer manufactured or available.

There are folks who advertize in "Hemmings" that will rebuild your old
Armstrong shocks. One such is Apple Hydraulics. It is my impression tha tis
is not always sucessful though.

Dave McCoy

G. David McCoy, PhD                             phone: (216) 368-5963
Dapartment of Environmental Health Sciences       fax: (216) 368-3194
Case Western Reserve University                  eamil: gdm@po.cwru.edu
School of Medicine
Cleveland, OH 44106