mini-baja

RE: Price of the tube

To: "Carlos Alberto Briones Martinez" <carlosinlove@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Price of the tube
From: "Perrin, James \(J.M.\)" <jperrin3@ford.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:55:44 -0500
www.chassisshop.com has 4130 1 1/4 .049 for as low as $2.26/foot.
This is from their website, so I don't know if the recent price increases in
steel have effected this price or not.

A couple years ago, a guy from www.aedmotorsport.com posted a message saying
they would give discounts to SAE teams on 4130.  They might be worth a phone
call.  I believe his name was Dave.

We usually pay $1.45/ft for 1 1/4 .049 1020 steel from a local steel shop.  I
haven't found a need to use 4130 since it doesn't save any weight, it costs
more, and we've never had a failure with 1020.

Hope this helps.

James