mgs

Re: [Mgs] MGB carb question

To: "'Larry Colen'" <lrc@red4est.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB carb question
From: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 21:21:34 +0200
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net
That is so true Larry.
I do not expect the HS4 carbs on Dave's engine will have the three connections.
These were released when the Evaporate Loss system was introduced in late 1968
I think.
Anyway, in MGB's containing a charcoal filter cannister - the black cannister
filtering the fuel vapours, rocker cover vapours and crankcase vapours.
The HS4's in my 1971 GT still are the original ones - that latest MGB's
equipped with HS4's. The 1972 models were equipped with HIF4 carbs. The HS4
carbs in my GT however already were equipped with "swing needles", which were
standard in HIF4.

Cheers,
Hans