mgs

[Mgs] since we need traffic

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] since we need traffic
From: dave n via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 18:59:21 -0600

--===============8051948785528410457==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_001E_01D24F29.B059E320"

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01D24F29.B059E320
        charset="UTF-8"

first of all, hello to Richard Lindsay.  good to see you posting again.

after my MGA sat neglected for a few months (LCOS??) the carbs leaked =
badly.  I took them apart, cleaned them, and was going to do the rebuild =
myself, except we could not get the throttle shaft bushings in right.  =
so I sent them off, and eventually they returned.

while I was there, replaced the freeze plugs/casting seals in the side =
of the engine.  that took 3 tries to get right!  also replaced the oil =
filter.  this is a 56.  it has the unique =E2=80=9Cside draft=E2=80=9D =
oil filter container.  I couldn=E2=80=99t bear to replace it with a spin =
on; its too cool.  but it is truly awful to change the filter.  first =
time I cranked up the engine oil went everywhere as I hadn=E2=80=99t =
tightened that bottom nut sufficiently.  second time there was still =
some seepage.  third time seemed good.  drove the car around the block, =
taking a few extra blocks in the process.  life is good!!!

a few days later I took it out again.  this time I noticed there was oil =
everywhere, in the ally, in the driveway, on the garage floor.  oh =
dear!!

now its waiting its turn on the lift as I finish another car.  1967 =
Datsun Roadster.  for those of you who know the cars, its an early low =
windshield car.  had to redo the rear brakes, and realized just how =
dirty etc., the rear axle and suspension were.  they all came out!  =
I=E2=80=99ve finished up the cleaning, wire wheeling, power washing, and =
painting.  the rear end and most of the suspension is back in.  just =
have to finish up one shock, the hand brake, and bleed.  thank goodness =
I have speed bleeders!

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01D24F29.B059E320
        charset="UTF-8"

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>first of all, hello to Richard Lindsay.&nbsp; good to see you =
posting=20
again.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>after my MGA sat neglected for a few months (LCOS??) the carbs =
leaked=20
badly.&nbsp; I took them apart, cleaned them, and was going to do the =
rebuild=20
myself, except we could not get the throttle shaft bushings in =
right.&nbsp; so I=20
sent them off, and eventually they returned.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>while I was there, replaced the freeze plugs/casting seals in the =
side of=20
the engine.&nbsp; that took 3 tries to get right!&nbsp; also replaced =
the oil=20
filter.&nbsp; this is a 56.&nbsp; it has the unique =E2=80=9Cside =
draft=E2=80=9D oil filter=20
container.&nbsp; I couldn=E2=80=99t bear to replace it with a spin on; =
its too=20
cool.&nbsp; but it is truly awful to change the filter.&nbsp; first time =
I=20
cranked up the engine oil went everywhere as I hadn=E2=80=99t tightened =
that bottom nut=20
sufficiently.&nbsp; second time there was still some seepage.&nbsp; =
third time=20
seemed good.&nbsp; drove the car around the block, taking a few extra =
blocks in=20
the process.&nbsp; life is good!!!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>a few days later I took it out again.&nbsp; this time I noticed =
there was=20
oil everywhere, in the ally, in the driveway, on the garage floor.&nbsp; =
oh=20
dear!!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>now its waiting its turn on the lift as I finish another car.&nbsp; =
1967=20
Datsun Roadster.&nbsp; for those of you who know the cars, its an early =
low=20
windshield car.&nbsp; had to redo the rear brakes, and realized just how =
dirty=20
etc., the rear axle and suspension were.&nbsp; they all came out!&nbsp; =
I=E2=80=99ve=20
finished up the cleaning, wire wheeling, power washing, and =
painting.&nbsp; the=20
rear end and most of the suspension is back in.&nbsp; just have to =
finish up one=20
shock, the hand brake, and bleed.&nbsp; thank goodness I have speed=20
bleeders!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'><FONT=20
size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01D24F29.B059E320--