mgs

Re: MGB GT Now RBB and TD comparison

To: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>, "Bullwinkle" <yd3@nvc.net>
Subject: Re: MGB GT Now RBB and TD comparison
From: Tim Baxter <baxter@gretschpages.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 07:04:48 -0500
> The suspension and engine on my TD are recently rebuilt, so I think
it's
> "all that it can be". It handles surprisingly well, and I can
usually out
> drag a fully loaded semi truck at the light. But, my '71 B performs
better
> in all respects. You just can't argue with double HP, disc brakes,
and a
> lower center of gravity. Which do I prefer to drive? The TD is
actually more
> fun to me. I feel like I'm in a time machine, and I enjoy the
challenge of
> driving it. I haven't driven a later model rubber bumper, but here's
my
> comparison with my '71.

I've opened a bit of a can of worms here. Just for the record, I think
an early B easily outperforms a TD in every category, and stopwatches
and racetracks across the country back that up. I was just pointing
out that the triplewhammy of smog gear, extra weight and jacking the
suspension up put LATE model B performance (both handling and speed)
on par with the archaic TD.