mgs

Re: Pertronix install.....zap

To: "Barney Gaylord" <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Subject: Re: Pertronix install.....zap
From: "Tim Economu" <economu@whidbey.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:48:04 -0700
Yep, that is the consensus also from other who have also reversed polarity.
Having done electronic design for the past 30 years, including using Hall
effect switches, I am surprised that they use no internal polarity
protection. It is a simple thing to do, merely requires a simple 5 cent
transistor since the coil current is low.

But like you say....now I have learned the lesson!! Now I know why all the
MG pros carry the spare points in the toolbox!!

Kind regards,

Tim

+++++++++ contact info ++++++++

Tim Economu