mgs

Re: dis-assembling the A

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: dis-assembling the A
From: "Rick Brown" <mgrick@mgcars.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 17:00:26 -0500
Tommy

Someone else posted the location of all the bolts a while back and I saved
the information - I forget who it was but here is the text:

 At the front, behind the grille to each side are two bolts
which have to be removed. (4 in all).  the row of bolts across
the front of the engine shelf have to be removed. (9 in all) At
each side just ahead of the doors, are a vertical row of bolts
which have to be removed (5 on each side).  Inside the car, to
the front of the doors, are 1 bolt on each side which hold the
body down to the frame.  Just in front of the rear fender well
are 1 bold on each side, accessible from under the car which bolt
the frame up to the body.  Inside the trunk are 2 bolts just
behind the spare tire, in the middle of the trunk and 4 bolts, 2
on each side at the back corners.  That's all the bolts and the
body will just lift off the frame.  You need to lift it vertical
until it clears the engine and frame at the front of the
footwell.  It isn't very heavy.  Three of us lifted it off with
little effort.  This may seem cryptic, but if you really attempt
this and have more questions, feel free to contact me."

Rick
---------   http://www.mgcars.org.uk/mgcouncil
----------  http://members.home.net/brown409