mgs

Going to look at a 1971 B-GT: oil pressure problem

Subject: Going to look at a 1971 B-GT: oil pressure problem
From: "Mark Dawson" <torchbone@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:01:28 -0500
I'm off in the morning to look at buying a B-GT, and had one question for
the list. Since I've had an MG for a year and a half, I have an idea of the
usual things to look for in terms of rust and whatnot, but the current owner
says one thing that I don't know what to do with:

"I don't know about driving it a great distance. After about 25 minutes the
oil pressure drops off. Now these MGs, they don't have oil pumps, they have
springs and relief valves and stuff..."

...yes. Well. Anyhow, what would cause the pressure to drop off, except for
a leak? It must not be leaking, because the pressure is evidently back when
he restarts.

TIA, and wish me luck,
-Mark

Mark Dawson
General Manager
The Roundtown Cafi      http://www.roundtowncafe.com

        234 N. Court St., Circleville, Ohio, 43113
                   740-474-8666

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///