mgs

Re: Brit Car Auction, 4/28... For NY/NJ/CT/PA Listers.... Web

To: "Dan DiBiase" <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>, <kmr@pil.net>
Subject: Re: Brit Car Auction, 4/28... For NY/NJ/CT/PA Listers.... Web
From: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 17:51:42 -0400
If this auction is a scam then it's an OLD scheme or angle,
therefore not a NEW gimmick :)  Besides Kai says it's not a
gimmick. He's obviously somehow involved although I did not see a
conflict of interest disclaimer. It may be they are taking on
public consignments. If so, that would be nice to know.

I was planning a drive down from Toronto, (combined with a
Catskill or Manhattan visit with the OH), but have opted out. My
long experience with most auctions is that there is always price
protection, with reserves or schills, and often enough with
unrestrained wet-pants bidders.  A bankruptcy auction that is
creditor driven, and to some degree regulated, is a better bet.
(Creditors rarely expect to see even 50 cents on the inventory
retail dollar).

Notice the M&G web page auction banner has no details on the
reasons for or terms of the auction. Only 17 cars listed out of 50
claimed. Mostly with no pics unless u assume some from their full
inventory list.

Like Dan, prepared to be humbled nxt wk.

Mike L
60A,67E,59Bug