mgs

Re: Brit Car Auction, 4/28... For NY/NJ/CT/PA Listers.... Web

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>,
Subject: Re: Brit Car Auction, 4/28... For NY/NJ/CT/PA Listers.... Web
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 13:50:21 -0700 (PDT)
Not to get heavily into etymology here - but Mirriam-Websters on-line
dictionary has the following for one of its definitions of "gimmick" -

"an ingenious and usually new scheme or angle"

I think that fits, don't you?

I guess this 'partial' auction makes sense in light of the small amount of
car inventory listed for the auction. I have an acquaintance looking at
MGB's and I know they generally have a larger selection than they list in
their site (i.e., NONE). I didn't want to recommend these guys, though,
having heard some of the war stories about dealing with them. I would
still go up there myself looking for interesting parts for my '65 B if I
didn't have several other commitments on Saturday.... If anyone does go,
how about a brief report next week? Tell me what I missed!

=====
Dan DiBiase
Dayton, NJ
'76 MGB Tourer (Driver)