mgs

Re: Was:Farina Magnette Site Revamp (little LBC left)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Was:Farina Magnette Site Revamp (little LBC left)
From: MGMagnette@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 12:26:46 EST
There goes the LBC content but who cares...  Apparently I did something iffy
in the www.mgcars.org.uk/farina/index.html  file.  I'll assume framea.html
and frameb.html work just fine, if the browser knows how to look at them.  If
anyone in that "frame" or mind looks and notes a glaring error, please write.

  For the record, the aite works fine on my bud's Mac.  Works on Explorer.
Works on the Netscape 6 (preview or not, it work).  Netscape 6 ain't much of
a "risk"... I have to say its been just dandy.  I suggest any ardent
microsoft haters (I'm NOT one) go ahead and try it out.  Just because its
beta doesn't mean it doesn't work!  Basically though unless you got a grudge
against Microsoft there really is no reason to not be using Explorer.    It
takes extra effort for you to use Netscape and it apparenly takes extra
effort on my part to make it work for you!  Unless ur really a bright wick
and want to use opera...  Anyone out there actually use it?  I hear it will
make anything work.
   Second, anyone who makes developing websites that average 200 hits a week
and have no advertising a profession needs a new profession.  Hehehe.  This
shits just for fun.  If only professionals were allowed to build websites
there simply wouldn't be many of them that weren't corporate.  Ever look at
those flashy sites only to be dissapointed that there is something missing..
Like the content!  Thats the expensive part I guess.  Newspaper sites are
interesting, but its just a reprint of a wire story so its the same stories
on 15 different sites.  I dare anyone to find more information about Farina
Magnettes anywhere else in the world.  This stuff isn't even in books.  There
is repair manuals, parts sources, bulletin board, newsletter, and lots of
usefull stuff... plus all the fun stuff, like pictures and realplayer videos
and all that garbage I like so much.  I wish there were more sites dedicated
to narrower topics.  Ever look how www.jaguar.com covers there own history?
Half assed.  Oh its pretty!  But you won't learn anything.
    Back to making a site....   I don't use wysiwyg because they all cost
money and I don't have any money.  The free ones are cheesy.  I tried doing
some of the harder stuff using word but it came out so bad the guys at
mgcars.org.uk told me to throw it away and start over!  It turned out to not
be so hard to do anyway.
   I will continue to use this list as the verificator of web code, as it has
worked well in the past.  If anyone doesn't mind taking a look at the code
for www.mgcars.org.uk/farina/index.html and telling me why it won'tfwork in
some of your prehistoric browsers I'd appreciate it!  Otherwise, considering
its free, get Explorer or Netscape 6 (preview, real thing, or whatever), or
opera if ur made of money.

  -John

OHOH I thought of another kind of site I dislike... the self aggrandizement
site.  They really are pitiful!