mgs

Re: Spring sizes

To: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spring sizes
From: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 20:06:00 +0100
What on?

There were more variations than that over the years, Clausager mentions 5
different front springs, although one of those may only have been a number
change.  You might like to have a look at the web site below and click on
'Spanners' and 'Ride Height' for a straw-poll.  I fitted new rubber-bumper
roadster front springs to my CB roadster that had a much shorter free height
than the old, but an almost identical ride height.  The new springs have
much less roll and dive, but may have contributed to an increased tendency
to tyre-squeal and looseness at the rear in wet bends.

PaulH
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk