mgs

Re: Differences with Aluminum head

To: mvheim@studiolimage.com, derex39@hotmail.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Differences with Aluminum head
From: "Dereck C" <derex39@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 14:16:25 GMT
Yep the head is mated to the block.  I was successful in finding coarse
manifold studs and the thermostat studs where ok.  I still haven't tried the
plugs.  They go in about 5 twists by hand and then stop.  At the moment I am
thinking I will put a little more torque on them with a wrench but if they
required too much force I will need another plan.  The threads look like
they are fine (not coarse).  If anyone comes up with a different idea, give
it to me.  I am going to call Northwest Imports as soon as they open this
morning.

Thanks to all the other replies as well.

Dereck

FYI, I am on the digest