mgs

Re: Turn signal switch location

To: Andrew Moyce <amoyce@pol.net>
Subject: Re: Turn signal switch location
From: yd3@nvc.net
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 13:31:57 -0700
Andy:

My factory turn signal equipped late TD has the pneumatic switch located under
the fog lamp switch.  If you were to lay a T square across the bottom of the
facia panel and set it so the leg of the square went through the middle of the
fog lamp switch, you would be close.  From inside the the car, this then appears
to be slightly to the right of the fog switch.

However, I believe that MG never reversed the instruments for left hand drive
cars.  Consequently, in a RHD car, the switch would come very close to the
steering wheel, possibly making it reachable without removing the hand from the
wheel.

Therefore you might want to consider placing the pneumatic switch to the left of
center, rather than to the right of center.

The other components are as follows.

1) Eight terminal relay is fastened to the center of the side of the tool box
inside the cockpit.

2) Flasher can, Tungsol device, varies, but on my car it is attached to the
upper bolt which holds the LH horn to its bracket.  I believe this position to
be original on my car.

Blake