mgs

SU HS4's conversion

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU HS4's conversion
From: frank.walker@insurquote.com
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 13:48:51 -0600
hello list people, my 76 B when I got it had the zenith stromburg carb that
it was supposed to have and after fighting with the one on my sons midget I
have decided to try the SU's  when I bought a parts car it came with 2 sets
of SU and everything one pair was even polished. and when I bought my head
it came with another pair. all of the throttle shafts have no. play now for
my question where do the overflow tubes go do they just go away from the
exhaust manifold and dump on the ground or what? Oh and my solution to the
air filter clearance problem is to build a aluminum air box for the carb
inlets and use a hose to connect it to a remote air filter from a fuel
injected firebird  out in front of the radiator giving the engine a cold
air source.