mgs

Re: Help for a 66 MGB

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help for a 66 MGB
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 17:56:56 -0800
Word on the street is that Lawrence Alexander said:
> This was discussed at some length some while ago. If your friend's tach and
> speedo suggest that 5,000 rpm equates to 45 or 50 mph, one or both of the
> instruments is way out of adjustment or else he has terminal clutch slip (or
> else he doesn't realize there's a 4th gear to shift into!). At 5,000 rpm in
> 4th his actual road speed should be closer to 90 mph.

Lawrie speaks the truth.  In 4th gear without overdrive, 60 mph should be
about 3400 rpm.  I recently adjusted my tach which was reading much too
high... follow the story on my website if you want more information.

Skye

--
1966 MGB        The MGB Experience         __,__\__
GHN3L-70307     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)    MGOFR 1.375