mgs

Re: Rear wheel drum--very stuck

To: "Galvin" <edwardg@tinet.ie>
Subject: Re: Rear wheel drum--very stuck
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 19:22:54 -0500
There is a REAL tool for pulling brake drums. As with any type of puller, it
has at least 3 "claws arms" and a screw axle in the middle which is centered
on the hub while the claws grab the inside lip of the drum. As you screw
down on the center axle it pushes in on the hub, while forcing the claws to
pull out.
You might try asking a local parts store if you can borrow a "brake drum
puller"! You'll see how it works as soon as you see it.
Otherwise, put a couple more jacks under the car in strategic locations and
start on that sucker with a BFH!!! Still otherwise, it could be cut off, but
that would be a lot of sweat when you can do it as mentioned above.
Good Luck!
Dan