mgs

Adventures in towing

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Adventures in towing
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 20:25:48 -0500 (CDT)
So I go on a call to pick up a 90 Galant. Upon arriving I'm told by
it's owner that the "Ball Bearing" is shot in the front left. His wife
is hearing all kinds of noise. No problem, I'm wheel lifting the front
of this front wheel drive thang anyway. Two blocks later the freaking
rear right axle snaps, sending the wheel off on it's own. Thank
goodness for the trailer hitch on the rear of this car or there would
have been some major damage and some possible gas tank to pavement
action. I unhooked the car and went for a flatbed. It was very
fortunate that nothing was in the way of the renegade wheel as well. I
did have to walk a couple of blocks to retrieve it.

Towed a couple of Bs and an AH 3000 bodyshell last week. We had a TR6
in the yard of the shop that the boss asked me to drive (thinking I
would enjoy it), I refused. I did move it later in the day and even
though it's been a week and many showers I still itch every time I
think of it.

Just more 6 days & we're off to MG '98. :-) Been working to much to
enjoy the cars but will make up for it next week.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch