mgs

Re: 1973 MGB...How Much??? ( a bit long)

To: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Subject: Re: 1973 MGB...How Much??? ( a bit long)
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 23:29:35 -0400
Ben Ruset wrote:

> >   'Sounds' like you put foot in mouth again.  IF the car IS a 73, AND IF it
> >is a
> >'Black Tulip' car that actually has WW & Factory Hardtop - it IS one of
> >approximately 200 cars in that colour [85% or so of which were GTs] and
> >becomes a TRUE find and is IN FACT a valuable car.

  I think there is a link here being made between rare and
valuable.

  Bs being what they are, I don't think rarity will ever add
significant value to the car unless the rarity itself is
advantageous.

  BGT-V8s are rare and valuable, but the value is more because
of the V8 than because of the rarity of the V8.

  For example, split bumper Bs are no more valuable than other
Bs even though they are comparitively rare.

  It's neat that there are only 200 cars in that colour, but you'd
have to be Clausager himself for that to be considered "historically
significant" enough that somebody just HAD to have your car
and would pay a premium.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/