mgs

Re: Radio

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Radio
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 07:49:13 -0500
>When I bought my '74 GT the guy kept his expensive radio. So I have no
>radio or tape/CD player. What brand/model do you folks suggest. I'm not
>interested in a high dollar rig. I think the sound of the 'B sounds better
>anyway. Also where is the best place to put the stereo speakers? Are their
>places in the doors? I would hope to receade everything as space in our
>LBC's is at a premium.

I am partial to Panasonic head units. I have one in my Mercury, and it puts
out
enough power (35x4) to drive my speakers w/o an amp. I have a in-dash CD.

This is what I was planning for my MG:

Panasonic or Kenwood Head Unit
2 4" Infinity low-profile speakers for the door, in the stock 1978 cut out
locations
2 6x9s in boxes behind the seats, maybe powered by a seperate amp
2 10" subs in the rear deck, powered by a seperate amp

A nice obnoxious stereo, although it will be off most of the time! =)

I also have my BMC AM/FM/8 track! =)

BEN RUSET - bruset@home.com
Safety Fast & MG Cars Webring -  http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis