mgs

Re: Anti run on mech MGB

To: ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU
Subject: Re: Anti run on mech MGB
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 15:22:04 +0000
> the anti run on valve shuts off gas to the carb when the ignition is shut
> off. It is located on the top of the firewall on the passenger side. Look
> for a small part with hoses coming out of it.
> ...Art

My '72 doesn't have one, so take this with a grain of salt, but I
thought that the anti run-on valve just created a huge vacuum leak
when the ignition was turned off, effectively killing the engine.
This would make more sense than a fuel cut-off, since the fuel in the
carb bowl would allow the engine to run on for a while even with the
fuel suppply cut off to the carb.
Scott