mgs

Re: MGB Header Wrap?

To: "Kelvin Dodd" <kdodd@West.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MGB Header Wrap?
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 16:38:01 -0800
Perhaps unless you have an MGA.......

I wrapped the headers on my B-engined MGA about 8 years and 25,000 miles
ago. To date, no header failure, but a marked decrease in under-hood heat
was noted. It even became possible to adjust the carbs without getting
scorched hands!

But, then, an MGB has more space under the hood for the heat to dissipate,
so wrapped headers might not have so many benefits....

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center