mgs

Re: Book Buying

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Book Buying
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 12:44:05 -0800 (PST)
At 09:09 PM 3/5/98 -0500, Pete wrote:

>I agree about Amazon. There's one very useful website though. I've used
>Bibliofind to find a number of out-of-print books in the past. A quick
>search on "MG" turned up two pages of entries (the majority of them
>offered for sale by Art Spindler in St Clair Shores, MI.).
>
><http://www.bibliofind.com/>

WOW!!!

Several long time listers may recall I have quoted from and sung the praises
of a weighty tome called "The Complete Catalogue of British Cars" which
purports to have reference to every car built in Britain up to 1974.  Most
have complete ranges of models with years of manufacture and vital
statistics for each with literaly hundreds of photos.  I found this
wonderful book years ago in a discontinued bin in a large super-drugstore
for the princely sum of $4.00 CDN.

After Pete's endorsement of Bibliofind I thought I'd poke around and see how
good it was.  I've been casually looking for another copy of this book for
years thinking it'd make a great and inexpensive gift.  Well, Bibliophile
found three copies for sale, very impressive.  The prices however ran from
US$85 to US$125. Cool.....

Pssssssssssssst! Wanna buy a book?
Cheers, eh!
  Ross