mgs

POR-15

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: POR-15
From: Bill Harkins <bharkins@tfb.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 16:01:06 -0800
Thanks to one of the listers, I purchased POR-15 rust inhibitor paint
and their Metal Ready products to try. I have used the Metal Ready to
clean out loose gas tank rust before lining with Bill Hirsch's gas tank
liner. I used the POR-15 on some slightly rusty areas under the running
boards. It does form a rockhard surface which supposedly seals the metal
from any oxidation. You can then prime over the material and prep for
paint in the normal way. Application by brush or spray. (I didn't like
the idea of the stuff in my spray can, as it could totally ruin the air
cap).

They offer a good catalog of other chemical products that would be
useful to any restorer. This includes a steering wheel restoration kit
and a floor pan and trunk restoration kit - great for B restorers. They
have a website at www.por-15.com. Catalog available at 800-827-6715,
Sacramento CA.

Bill Harkins
Fallbrook, CA