mgs

Re: parts and stuff

To: pbailey@qnet.com
Subject: Re: parts and stuff
From: Pschauss@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 18:40:32 -0400
>question...what would be the advantage of putting the twin SUs on my 79?
>Yes I know it is illegal but would it be a marked improvement in
>performance?can I stiil use the 79 ehaust system with CAT? I would like
>to have the appearance if legality ie CAT air pump etc but the twin SUs
>would look soooo nice and hopefully give better response...

The conversion to twin SUs will give you a significant improvement in power,
a good bit of it coming from the more efficient exhaust system. I did this on
my
'80 B and it passes New York state emissions without the catalytic converter.
I am running the air pump with the VB anti-backfire kit and no gulp valve.

Peter Schauss
1980 MGB
1963 Austin-Healey Mk II