mgs

Re: MOSS Motors

To: mgs@autox.team.net, "Ross A. Goldberg" <loki@computek.net>
Subject: Re: MOSS Motors
From: SCHLINING.M.W-@smtpgty.bwi.wec.com (SCHLINING.M.W-)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 13:31:57 -0500
     I have spent a lot of bucks with Moss Motors.  Between my MGA Coupe
     and my MGB, the parts are OK.  Absolutely, positively NOT great.  I
     received a lower radiator hose for my B that only slightly resembled
     what it was suppose to be,  It didn't work, but I still have it.  It
     was a $9.00 part and it wasn't worth fighting with them to send it
     back.  They are a pain to work with.  I have taken up buying parts
     through Cross Roads Motors, who buy from Moss, to keep from having
     contact with Moss themselves.

     I have got a Moss Taiwan copy of a passenger side mirror.  It looks
     OK, but it doesn't work either.  Any wind will move the mirror and
     closing the door caused it to really be off.  Yes it is still on the
     car and is a pain.  One day I will take it to Moss and let them see it
     so I don't have to have my integrity question.

     My MGA had a windshield gasket that was improperly molded and had only
     a partial bond at the mating joint.  My friends at Cross Roads took
     care of this for me.

     A friend of mine has a MGTC and bought a hood from Moss.  The wrong
     hood was in the box, which had the correct number on it.  When he sent
     this back, he was sent another one, only to find  out he had the same
     problem.  He believes that all Moss did was to put the returned one
     back into stock and then pull it out to again to reship it to him.

     So your asking what's the big deal.  Well from my relatively small
     sample of product that I received from Moss, I should not have gotten
     this many defects.  Their quality is out of control.  They seem to
     have adopted a policy of "ship 'em anything, they will like it".

     Marty Schlining