mgs

RE: removal of locking gas cap

To: MGS <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: removal of locking gas cap
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 12:15:00 -0800 (PST)
You could also open the trunk, unscrew the clamp on the hose for the gas
filland pull the cap assembly out. Look inside, you should see two barbs
that snap in place when you push the cap on. Using a screw driver you can
push these barbs back in and pop the cap off. Of course this does not give
you a key to use for the cap but you can buy a regular original cap. The
70's are over, no need to lock it up...

Chris Reichle
P.S. If you don't care... A turn of a screw driver in the keyhole would do
it too.