Rover cam bearings

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Rover cam bearings
From: MGV8VT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 13:08:28 EST
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Having worn out at  least 8 cam bearing tools, I can say that I have put in
my share of them,  including Rover. Rovers are very easy, never had a fit
problem after installing  a set. Not that it can't happen, but minor scraping
takes
care of it. If you  borrow a tool, just make sure all the oil holes are in
the right place, they are  well lubricated on the way in, and there is a good
chamfer at the leading edge  of the hole. Test fit your cam before you have the
engine all back together,  saves backing up.  Dale