Re: Factory V8s in NoAmerica

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Factory V8s in NoAmerica
From: "DON SCOTT" <rowdon@sonoma-county.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 07:51:41 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Maybe I'm better off with a museum-quality CRX Si.  I bought my '92
Integra GS-R a few months ago for $6,000 and it's a blast to drive and I
love its looks and build quality.  The former owner was middle aged (but
younger than me!) and neurotic about taking care of it.  It does not get
respect from the same crowd as old British cars, that's for sure.  These
Japanese racy/sporty cars appeal to younger less-sophisticated
techno-smart (often Asian) youth, not the pipe-smoking college
professor-types that I associate with old British sports cars.  I've had
British cars since 1965, but the energy it takes to keep them going and
the adverse driving conditions on modern roads make them less and less
practical all the time.

>>> Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca> 3/17/2005 9:40:39 AM >>>

Don,

I have been building an MGB GT V8 for years now.  But then I am someone
who
has to have everything perfect - so I have spent big bucks.  There were
no
factory MGB V8s imported by BL but a few have been brought in by
individuals.   They are all right hand drive.  You can get an already
built
V8 but price depends on what it has had done.  Mine, for instance, has
had
the body dipped and completely redone with new floors, dog legs, sills,

rear quarter etc.   The engine is a UK rebuild, 77-80 dash, custom
wiring,
etc etc etc.   Best bet is to stick with the MGBV8 list - advertise
with
British V8 Newsletter.    I reckon you would have to pay $30K for an
excellent example - unfortunately people with these beasts do not want
sell them