RE: Virus stopper

To: "'Barrie Robinson'" <barrie@look.ca>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Virus stopper
From: "Michael Hartwig" <mhartwig@midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 18:36:10 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Here's one free scanner http://www.free-av.com/  it does not automatically
update itself, you have to do that manually.

You can get 1 yr free of ez antivirus.  I'm using this one right now and
like it
http://home.ca.com/dr/v2/ec_main.entry25?page=PYPCTrialPage&client=ComputerA
ssociates&sid=35715&CID=185351

*hint* I've had success in the past with norton antivirus by simply
uninstalling it towards the end of my subscription.  Then reinstalling the
program.  Bam, another year free updates.  They probably changed that with
newer editions.

I have been using Norton SystemWorks and my anti-virus subscription is near
ending.  I have tried to renew it but the font is so small on the renewal
pages that I cannot see what to do.   A phone call to Symantec (hours of
work) did not result in much except pay for them to renew - or buy the
'latest' version.  I am most disenchanted with Norton -    Can anyone
recommend an alternative - preferably free !!!!!

Regards

Barrie Robinson
barrie@look.ca