Not so hard starting

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Not so hard starting
From: Rick1huber@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 14:39:02 EST
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi List,

Amazing what help this forum provides.  Got half a dozen or so replies  to my
hard starting question, and checked various things people suggested.   I have
and electronic fuel pump and electric choke on the Carter 500 and the  choke
is working.  Choke flappers are closing pretty much all the  way.

At this point it looks like a technique issue - Paul Willoughby  suggested a
"key on, 5 pumps of the accelerator pedal, turn the key" method for  starting,
and it's worked two mornings in a row.  If that's the permanent  fix, I'll be
forever indebted to Paul's experience with his car.

Another challenge.  I've bought a set of RV8 headers for my car from  Ted
Schumacher.  I've talked through with him how to cut the holes in the  inner
fender, but am reluctant to try to do it by eye.  Does anybody have a  template
could use?  Can it be faxed / emailed ?  My fax number is  530 579 7738.  I
have the Glen Towery non A/C motor mounts on my 3.5 Rover  V8.

Cheers,

Rick