Re: Rising parts prices

To: DON SCOTT <rowdon@sonoma-county.org>
Subject: Re: Rising parts prices
From: "James J." <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 18:44:07 -0500
Cc: ptroot@iaces.com, barrie@look.ca, mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Not only will collector cars be exported (which I gather you find bad)
but American products in general will sell much better around the world,
which is good (for Americans, anyhow).  I'd be more concerned about jobs
being exported than vintage cars, despite my love for both.  The OPEC
change is frightening, however if they do that it will be for punative
reasons, as China will soon consume more petrolium products than
Europe.  If they make a change for "practical" reasons, it would be to
the Chinese unit of currency.
JJJ