Re: Rising parts prices

To: <ptroot@iaces.com>, <barrie@look.ca>
Subject: Re: Rising parts prices
From: "DON SCOTT" <rowdon@sonoma-county.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:40:15 -0800
Cc: <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
The way the current regime is managing our country, most all
the collector cars will be exported due to the exchange
rate, and imported parts to keep the remaining cars running
will be prohibitively expensive.  I just sold my TR8 and off
to British Columbia it goes from California.  The fellow
buying my car said that the Canadian dollar has gone up 20%
in five months.   When Opec switches to the euro, we'll be
in for some real problems, not just minor car issues.

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/120104_world_burns_summary.shtml

>>> Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com> 12/1/2004 1:57:33 PM >>>

Considering the hit the US Dollar has taken to the Euro and
the Pound in
the last 3 years, I don't think that 16.5% is bad at all.

Barrie Robinson wrote:
> Every now and again we get some chat regarding rising
prices for the
> parts we need for our cars.  I found that in three years
the price of an
> MGB clutch slave cylinder had gone up 50%  - So I did a
little study.  I
> selected 21 items from the Jan 2001 Moss catalog and
compared it with
> the most recent.  The overall increase was 16.5% and
surprisingly there
> were two decreases - one a whopping 52.6%!  This is an
observation and