finishing questions

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: finishing questions
From: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 20:14:10 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Getting (finally) ready to paint - I'd like to do lacquer because I like the
finish and I can rub out OK ... but I'd like to have primer done for me after
sandblasting with an epoxy primer.  I havent yet talked with the paint
supplier (it's my first spray job) but I wonder if lacquer can be applied OVER
epoxy
primer...  any ideas?
  Does anyone know of a good resource on the basics of apraying?
  Do I need to remove the doors?  Is there a trick to getting the Phillips
head fasteners off?  Is it OK to leave the door fastened to the hinge and
remove
the hinge from the post or should I remove the hinge from the door and leave
it attached to the post??  or can I just leave the door attached?