Re: A little help in the radiator area

To: "Al Dufault" <adufault@nycap.rr.com>, "MGB-V8" <MGB-V8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A little help in the radiator area
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 16:17:24 -0000
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
The fan would have to be a puller if mounted on the engine side of the rad,
pusher if mounted in front of the rad, make sure both motor *and* blades are
reversible.  Puller is best, I sized up two 6" unit that would fit round the
pump, but they aren't particularly efficient.  The standard pushers are even
worse, but they maintain a safe temp even simulating temps of 41 degrees C
if everything else is right, and that is on an RB.  RV8 used a large puller
with the rad mounted even further forward than the factory V8/late RB cars.
Best not to have holes in the shroud in order not to lose any ram air
effect.

PaulH.