A little help in the radiator area

To: "MGB-V8" <MGB-V8@autox.team.net>
Subject: A little help in the radiator area
From: "Al Dufault" <adufault@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 10:57:54 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi All,  Since the cooling area is a tight area to work in, I have run into a
small hurtle to overcome.  I have a 74 1/2 B, which is the first rubber bumper
car.  The bumpers are converted to chrome.

Anyhow, I had radiator brackets fabricated out of thick SS to locate in the
forward area as the later model B's have.  The fan of choice in my conversion
is the permacool 2950 cfm electric fan.  I have 2 to choose from a 14" and a
16" which I have in the garage.  I am using the replacement B-V8 radiator.
One of the parts suppliers recommended a water pump, which I requested from my
local NAPA.  I for get the description he told me to get at the time, but I
think I got the wrong one.  The pulley he sold me didn't line up right, so he
sent me another pulley.  It also didn't line up right, probably because I got
the wrong pump in the first place.  So, I got another pulley from another
supplier, he sold me the pump with it.  This pulley lined up, but is the same
pump as the other I bought.  Hence, 2 long nose pumps.

The engine side of the radiator is too tight for the fan as a pusher with this
pump and pulley and the roll bar is close to touching the radiator.  The front
side of the radiator may be possible to squeeze the fan into as a pusher.  I
have cut of the radiator duct panel off, where the oil cooler was mounted
originally.  It is cut even to platform panel support.

If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears and would greatly appreciate your
opinions.  Detailed pictures of the area would also be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Al Dufault
"Spring bound"