Re: Air Conditioning a V8

To: "Mgbv8 List \(E-mail\)" <MGB-V8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Air Conditioning a V8
From: "Michael Hartwig" <mhartwig@midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 19:26:53 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
 Thanks for the pics Robert.

 Here's my idea guys.  Tell me if i'm insane or not

 I've already made new radiator brackets and have everything in place.  I
can
 just barely fit an electric puller fan in there.  I'm worried about the
 extra heat the A/C will add to the engine bay.
 Since I have the ST Air dam, I was thinking of laying the condenser almost
 flat and under the radiator.  It would probably be at a 15-20degree angle.
 It would put 2 puller fans under it and have it suck air from the opening
in
 the air dam.  All the hot air would be pushed under the car.  I'm hoping
 that is a low pressure area.

 The evaporator would be mounted in the trunk.  I'd have to cut 2 holes
 through the rear firewall to run ducting.  That way I don't have to mess
 with the heating system.

 I have some more head scratching to do.  I've made an alternator bracket,
 but it mounts on the driver side.  I wanted to leave the passenger side
open
 since that head is set back a bit more to fit the compressor.

 Anyone know if the major auto parts stores carry Sanden compressors?  Don't
 want to order one and have to pay a restocking fee if I have to send it
 back.