RE: A couple of Questions:

To: "'Glenn'" <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A couple of Questions:
From: "Jim Stuart" <vze3swyy@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 18:49:43 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Glenn-

Buy the rubber bumper springs & continue to use the lowering blocks, as this
is the simplest solution. Alternatively, buy chrome bumper springs & raise
the front spring mount to the original CB location. There is a dimple on the
support to show the original location. This is not an easy task.

Lots of posts regarding rear springs indicate that the arch/spring rates are
not true to the original. If the springs are sagging, have a spring shop
re-arch them. If not, leave well enough alone.

Your engine has a pressurized crank case due to lack of adequate crankcase
ventilation or the rings not seating. That is about the only cause of a leak
from the dizzy base, which collects in the area you indicate. If your vents
are adequate, then the rings are not seated.

Jim Stuart