Re: test, e-mail notice, and suspension question

To: "James J." <m1garand@speakeasy.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: test, e-mail notice, and suspension question
From: "james" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 23:40:28 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
James,  that is an interesting observation.  I'd certainly be interested in
anything that you find out.  I haven't put a lot of work into suspension
design because I've never really been at a point to do it all over.  It is
something I plan to do but not for a few years.  I can, however, offer you
two things.  One, I have been told that the negative camber a-arms don't
adversely effect tire wear if you are a spirited driver.  Two, a whole lot
of things get built but few ever really get designed.  I think that the
intention of many of the kits is to move the shocking and springing into the
modern era with coil overs or with tube shocks.  I would also guess that
people have shied away from complete redesign because of development cost
versus saleable cost and quantity.

I suspect that one of the problems in making the upper a-arms longer then
the lowers is the shape of the body.  I think that in order to make the
upper a-arms substantially longer, they would have to be mounted on the
other side of the inner fender, perhaps on the frame rail.  Just a couple of
things off the top of my head.

James Nazarian
71 B tourer
71 BGT V8