Re: MGB GT V8 History

To: "bown" <bown@concentric.net>, "Barrie Robinson" <barrier@bconnex.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB GT V8 History
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:49:40 +0100
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
'MG V8:  Twenty-one Years On' by David Knowles, ISBN 187200489.  Currently
out of print, the MGOC had a few copies signed by the author a while ago
which was when I got my copy.  The bit about finding it on the floor may be
apocryphal, Knowles says that when the Rover MD was in America discussing
the possibility of selling Rover engines to Mercury Marine they had an
example of the Buick alloy engine in their experimental workshop, the
President of Rover's North American operation having previously suggested
that Rover adopt a small American V8 in preference to replacing their ageing
and heavy straight-six 3-litre with an in-house design.