To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thread: Help with Rack moving and car lowering
From: "Larry" <larry@larryembrey.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 06:38:24 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hey listers,
I also posted this to the V8 BBS, so sory to thoase that are seeing it more
than once.  I have an issue that has just come up with my conversion. I have
been busting my backside to make as few mods as possible to my car while
installing the 302, but I am going to have to lower the rack. to get the
enging low enough to clear the hood.  Right now I have about 1/2".

So that is the ddilema, dropping the rack AND lowering the car from RB to CB
hieght.

Now I have seen and heard about flipping the rack arms to attach from below
the steering arm when lowering the car to maintain rack arm angles. this
requires swapping the steering arms from one side to the other. BUT I will
then be lowering the rack further which will again cause odd angles and
possibly bump steer etc. Could I simply install some "blocks" to space the
steering arms down again? It seems a straightworward thing to do, anything I
am missing?