RE: T-5 tranny fluid

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: T-5 tranny fluid
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 20:20:31 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Ya know Carl, I was just thinking today how nice my T-5 shifts.  It
seems very positive, "crisp", and not loose like the B transmission.

I use regular old ATF in it.  It doesn't leak so the extra fluid I
poured down the shifter hole is still there.  Of course, how do you
check ... remove the plug and the extra fluid is on the floor : -)

Now about the extra fluid.  You mention in the Camaro/Firebird
application the hole is further up because of the tilt on the tranny, I
think that's true.  In addition I thought I heard that even in those
applications the factory suggested you needed to add an extra quart.  So
I'm assuming your 1.5 quart comment is because in the B the transmission
sits level?

Boy I gotta get AC in this car.  96'F in Denver today.

Larry Hoy